Thermostats In Athens, GA
Many people overlook the importance thermostats play in a well-functioning HVAC system. While they’re silent, they’re essential in keeping your home comfortable in every season. When your thermostat breaks, Dream Heating and Cooling can fix or replace it promptly so you can return your home to comfort.
What Does A Thermostat Do?
A thermostat senses your home’s temperature and sends a signal to your air conditioner and heater to cool or heat the air according to your preferences. You can program a thermostat to your desired temperature. When a thermostat doesn’t work, your heating and air conditioning can’t function, and your home’s comfort suffers.
Types Of Thermostats
The type of thermostat you choose affects how easily and conveniently you can program it:
- Traditional thermostat: You control this thermostat with a panel connected directly to the unit. They usually allow you to pre-program several settings, and you can also change the temperature at will.
- Smart thermostat: Smart thermostats provide all the basic functions of their traditional counterparts as well as more flexibility over how you program them. You can more easily program them with your desired preferences and the device will alter your home’s temperature accordingly. Smart thermostats are beneficial for saving on utility bills, because the device can easily adjust the temperature while you are away or asleep. Additionally, you can control a smart thermostat on a mobile device.
Signs Your Thermostat Needs Replacement Or Repair
Look for the following signs you require thermostat replacement or repair in Athens, GA and surrounding areas:
- Non-functional HVAC system: Malfunctioning HVAC systems sometimes have thermostat problems; ask your technician to check when they arrive.
- Not responding to temperature fluctuations: Your thermostat should respond to temperature changes even without preprogramming. If you can’t change the temperature on your thermostat, you’ll likely need a completely new unit.
- Rapid cycling: If your HVAC system turns on and off rapidly, no matter the temperature, professionals call it cycling. Cycling usually indicates a problem with the thermostat’s sensor or your system’s power supply.
- Software issues: All but the most basic thermostats allow some level of programming. If your thermostat allows the function but won’t retain the programming, you might have an issue with its software. With a new thermostat, you’ll reclaim the convenience of a fully programmable thermostat.
- Faulty sensors: When your thermostat malfunctions, it often means the sensor doesn’t read the temperature correctly. This forces your furnace or air conditioner to run when they otherwise wouldn’t or work harder. Until you replace your thermostat, you’ll likely suffer higher energy bills.
Benefits Of Upgrading Your Thermostat
Replacing your thermostat can help you enjoy a more comfortable home. A newer, more efficient model can give you more control over your system, save you money, and maximize the comfort of your property.
Call Dream Heating And Cooling To Service Your Thermostat
Thermostats are durable pieces of equipment, but that doesn’t mean they last forever. When your thermostat needs repair or replacement, Dream Heating and Cooling is here to help. We can assess your system to determine where the problem lies. From there, we can either repair the issue or suggest a replacement. Our certified technicians are ready to restore comfort to your home. Call us at 706-202-9684 to book an appointment today!