Expert AC Maintenance Services
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Georgia residents and business owners have trusted Dream Heating and Cooling to keep the cool air flowing for years, whether in one-bedroom apartments with ductless mini-splits or large residential estates comprising central heating and cooling. Property owners continue to rely on us because we:
- Offer satisfaction guarantees
- Use state-of-the-art equipment
- Have years of experience
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
Air conditioning maintenance may seem unnecessary, but your cooling system houses numerous components that eventually wear with excessive use, causing minor issues you won’t notice until they evolve. You need an expert to uncover and remedy the concerns before they grow and become more costly. Aside from the higher expenses and more frequent repairs, regular maintenance also does the following:
- Lowers energy bills and increases energy efficiency by removing obstructing dust and debris and fixing inept parts
- Keeps you healthy since technicians remove unit moisture that could cause extremely high indoor humidity levels or give way to mold and mildew growth that causes respiratory illnesses
- Prevents more frequent air conditioning replacements since fewer repairs mean fewer issues that would otherwise strain the system and deteriorate it prematurely
When Should You Schedule AC Maintenance?
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you should schedule AC maintenance for your air conditioning unit twice a year, once during the spring and again in the fall. Springtime care prepares it for a season of heavy use to ensure it works throughout the summer without hesitation. Fall care allows us to repair worn or damaged parts after the warm months.
Additionally, we encourage homeowners to practice at-home maintenance frequently, which includes changing your air filters seasonally, especially with central heating and cooling that you use year-round. You should also regularly check your thermostat settings and replace the batteries for accurate readings and keep an eye out for imperfections that require a professional’s touch.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
When we tune up your air conditioner, we go through an extensive and intricate checklist to ensure we thoroughly examine and clean all parts and remedy arising issues. Some points on our checklist include:
- Checking the thermostat setting, which includes changing the batteries and rewiring the system if necessary
- Cleaning the vents and vacuuming the air ducts after changing the air filters
- Looking for points of entry where controlled air could seep out of, including from weak attic or wall insulation
- Unclogging the drain line and extracting water from the drain pan
- Measuring refrigerant levels and checking for leaks
- Cleaning and lubricating all moving parts in the indoor and outdoor units
Like a Dream AC Services
Anyone who has paid for large repairs or premature replacements can tell you semi-annual maintenance is worth it since it keeps your unit functioning optimally for longer. However, our Dream Heating and Cooling team knows tune-ups are sometimes inconvenient, so we strive to finish the job in less than two hours, cleaning up after ourselves. Call 706-202-9684 for AC maintenance in Athens, GA and surrounding areas!
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your air conditioner in optimal condition. It is generally recommended to have your AC serviced at least once a year. This helps prevent potential issues, ensures efficient performance, and prolongs the lifespan of your unit. However, if you notice any unusual noises, reduced cooling capacity, or other signs of malfunction, it’s advisable to seek professional AC repair services promptly.
While some minor maintenance tasks like cleaning or replacing air filters can be done by homeowners, it is generally recommended to seek professional help for AC repairs. Air conditioning systems are complex and require specialized knowledge and tools to diagnose and fix problems accurately. Attempting repairs without proper training can lead to further damage, safety hazards, and may void your warranty. Hiring a professional AC repair service ensures the problem is diagnosed correctly and repaired safely, ultimately saving you time, money, and potential frustrations.
The most efficient way to cool your home is to install a programmable thermostat and set it at the highest temperature that is comfortable for you. Additionally, using ceiling fans and other forms of ventilation can help keep air circulating in order to evenly cool your home.